Photo taken April 2008 at the Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve near Palmdale, California. I used my Nikon D40.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Clouds on the hill tops

Of the many things I enjoy in nature, the weather is something that can easily capture my attention. Everything from light rain to torrential downpours, from peaceful things like rainbows to more terrifying things like lightning or tornadoes; I am fascinated by it all. It’s a perplexity that I live in southern California where we rarely even see clouds, but I enjoy what I can and travel when I get board with our beautiful sunny days. The other day I stopped by the local mail drop off and noticed a unique and beautiful cloud formation capping the mountain tops to west. I took a few pictures and posted one here. I believe these fall into the category of Lenticular clouds, although I’ve never seen this type of formation.


No comments: